Power core map

...cybernetic and robotic dystopian first-person shooter...
DeeP
developer.

Power core map

Post by DeeP »

Please keep in mind there is no lighting in these photos at all ... The Power Core level is quite challenging as it is an open space needing to be filled with stuff that won't bore us.
Here are some pics of the ideas I've had

:arrow: Image :arrow: Image :arrow: Image :arrow: Image :arrow: Image :arrow: Image :arrow: Image :arrow: Image :arrow: Image
A few more pics - Transformers part 2 lol:

:arrow: Image :arrow: Image :arrow: Image :arrow: Image
Last edited by DeeP on (200115)(06:01.50), edited 1 time in total.
You're the nicest func_mover I've ever met.
DeeP
developer.

Re: Power core map

Post by DeeP »

Some more pics of the map WIP - no lighting

Image :arrow: Image :arrow: Image

this is an inaccessible area designed as a vehicle maintenance/delivery tunnel from the surface. (no lighting as of yet)

Map layout : Image :arrow: Image :arrow: Image
Last edited by DeeP on (200115)(06:01.57), edited 1 time in total.
DeeP
developer.

Post by DeeP »

In trying to find an appropriate name for this map, the rabbit hole of information was quite "black hole-ish" to me.
Anyway. being that I think and overthink too much, I've come to this end....

The metric system prefixes: :arrow:

K (or k) means kilo, a thousand, or 103 :?:
M means mega, a million, or 106 :)
G means giga, a billion, or 109 :?
T means tera, a trillion, or 1012 :o
P means peta, a quadrillion, or 1015 :lol:
E means exa, a thousand times more than peta, or 1018 :?: :?: :?:

So, A megawatt (MW) is one million watts.
A gigawatt (GW) is equal to one billion (109) watts or 1 gigawatt = 1000 megawatts. This unit is often used to describe the production of large power plants or power grids.
so, I'm thinking ... seeing as the gigawatt is like the megawatts' Big daddy... and a terawatt is far to big ( The terawatt (TW) is equal to one trillion (1012) watts.) , and the term is mostly used as a measurement
when adding the combined energy of multiple power stations together. (which my map is not... it's only one station).

So after enlightening and confusing myself with all of this electrical definition jargon, I think an appropriate name for this map will simply be - "Gigawatt " ................ whew. now back to mapping. :)
DeeP
developer.

Post by DeeP »

A few more WIP pics: (No lighting)

:arrow: Image :arrow: Image :arrow:
Image :arrow: Image :arrow: Image :arrow: Image :arrow: Image :arrow: Image :arrow: Image
DeeP
developer.

Post by DeeP »

Today I'm doing some railings and platforms:

:arrow: Image :arrow: Image :arrow: Image :arrow: Image And a more current shot of railing style : :arrow: Image
- and when I'm done this I'll bend it, break it, dirty it up so it looks like an unsafe place to be. 8) and ....... working on Radiating us will 5G WIP :arrow: Image
DeeP
developer.

Post by DeeP »

A few objects I've been working on. Some kind of communication equipment. Old, some rust, like me. :arrow: Image :arrow: Image :arrow: Image :arrow: Image :arrow: Image ... more added :arrow: Image
DeeP
developer.

Post by DeeP »

Not complete yet BUT! ...Here's an interesting idea to run up onto... jump off of... and break your ankle while doing countless head-shots. :arrow: Image :arrow: Image :arrow: Image FYI for those who may not know...The black is see-thru mesh/grating
DeeP
developer.

Post by DeeP »

As things are moving along with plans to develop a small DM map and finish this Power core map aka- Gigawatt, I'm REALLY wanting to post some full lighting shots of the work. - For me and anyone else who may want to get all giddy like a school girl in excitement... Next up for this map is the huge tower in the middle of the map, and more walkways in and around to complete the layout of where the player can go. Various choices on which platform/walkway can take the player to see everything from different vantage points and jump down to different levels. MMMMM yummy. :D - Oh yes and of course to gun each other down strategically.