Birth of a Wiki

...discuss the website, forum and other web-related stuff...
LDAsh
moderator.

Birth of a Wiki

Post by LDAsh »

https://www.violationentertainment.com/wiki

So we now have a wiki, which will be home to plans (for both the team and all of its projects) and some other 'articles' like tutorials, that any developer can edit and interact with. A big part of needing a wiki is compartmentalising the plans of the projects, where anyone can go and cement their ideas, and everyone can interact with features like voting/ranking to get a much clearer idea of where a project is heading. So many great ideas can come and go in a chat session, but I want the comment "take it to the wiki" to become a common reply when the creative juices start flowing. Trying to have 1 'game design bible' for a project in 1 file is not reasonable to maintain. They should exist, but as a byproduct of the wiki and forum.

As of posting this, there is nothing there but a home page with a rough idea of the structure of the wiki. Admittedly I am still learning how the whole thing works because it started off pretty straight-forward but quickly became complex as I began poking around the admin settings. It's really quite powerful but I'm still in the middle of wrangling it and got carried away with customising the look of it, and you might see, I didn't get very far. I want to decorate it a lot more with trims and panels in the background, but I've almost broken it a few times already.

Anyway, in this thread, anyone with any ideas for how it should look and what it should do, please tell me.

...access to wiki as an editor:-
If you're a member of this forum, PM me with the e-mail address and initial password you wish to associate with your wiki account.
Sometime over the next day or so that address will be sent an e-mail with an activation link.
(check your spam and be so kind as to also flag it as 'not spam' while you're at it)
Your initial permissions will be set up the same as they are here in the forum.

(...documentation for using the wiki can be found here - https://doc.tiki.org/Documentation)

════════════════════════
══════════════════
════════════
══════
DeeP
developer.

Re: Birth of a Wiki

Post by DeeP »

Awwww a baby Wiki, hes so cute :wink:

I was told it was a little boy, but someone pointed out that he had no winkle.... and I said "oh praise be! a boy without a winkle!" Then someone said a boy without a winkle is a girl.
You're the nicest func_mover I've ever met.
LDAsh
moderator.

Post by LDAsh »

I tried looking for a winkle plugin for it but couldn't find anything.
════════════════════════
══════════════════
════════════
══════
DeeP
developer.

Post by DeeP »

i dont think its plugin.... winkles run on batteries :P
You're the nicest func_mover I've ever met.