Website overhaul for the 20s

...discuss the website, forum and other web-related stuff...
LDAsh
moderator.

Website overhaul for the 20s

Post by LDAsh »

My plan for this much-needed long-awaited overhaul is actually pretty simple - it will be mostly graphical, with an aim for 4K+ displays and high-end PCs that can handle a lot of shine, fading/sliding and (subtle) animation. Although I do also plan to create an "M version" (smartphone) and "legacy version" as options. I plan to keep the website as strictly a presentation platform and not try to integrate too much into it, in terms of interactivity, because forum/wiki/social is for that already. However, I do want to try to do _some_ integrating in the form of embedded PHP or iframes, depending on the technical feasibility of those approaches. Finally, I think security is a huge concern across the board and I need to spend time researching how to best keep everything stable and secure. It's all definitely above my skill level, but it's necessary for me to force myself to learn.

So apart from that, I'm completely open to suggestions...
════════════════════════
══════════════════
════════════
══════
DeeP
developer.

Re: Website overhaul for the 20s

Post by DeeP »

So are you completely opposed to keeping this forum the same as it is?... I think sufficient in its functionality. It's great for communicating, and having a record of what is being proposed along with the dates and times... and links to galleries, wiki, and promotion. You've done an amazing job here and honestly I don't think anyone has a single complaint about this forum as it is very well made and creative and interesting. My own run-on sentences are killing me slowly. But, if you feel the need to throw it all away!!..... lol I have the fullest confidence in your abilities. yer thinking maybe it could be used to advertise and impress? in that case yes I agree an upgrade would be fresh and new and special and give the group a better pair of slacks, and a nicer shirt when we meet newcomers.

- psst.... it's a good forum.
You're the nicest func_mover I've ever met.