After reading the doc

...futuristic assault-hovercraft racing at high-speed...
[PT] TANIA
guest.

After reading the doc

Post by [PT] TANIA »

Well read the CC.doc and now i have a few things that i would consider :)

1. The first player to pass the finish line instead of 11, should have 15, 2 should have 12, 3rd should have 8 and so on.. why? Because i saw that stunts give you points too.. and i think it's a bit unfair to be making lots of stnts and in te end have more than the 1st one who passes the finish line :)

2. A function like there is in Need for Speed that if you get behind you can catch up not so hard

3. Some option before choosing the game so that we can all choose the same car (when i played revolt online we all selected the same car always)

4. If possible do mirror, backwards tracks.. in revolt when we did a track backwards we had to take a different path so the track would stay a bit diferent

The rest i enjoyed reading, must say that it blows my curiosirty to see this game finished with all these options, keep it up ;)
LDAsh
moderator.

Post by LDAsh »

Interesting suggestions, thanks. I've been thinking the same thing about the catch-up business you mentioned, most racing game AI has this kind of function where if you're really speeding in front, they will try harder to keep up, but if you're lagging behind because you keep crashing into junk they will slow down a bit and go a little easier on you. I guess this is what you're talking about. I also considered the Mario Kart kind of system where if you're coming in last then you'd be more likely to score a more badass power-up while the leader would get something more pathetic and useless. AI is probably one of the biggest and meanest things the coders will have to face up to because I think there isn't a whole lot of resources for them to work from. We'll have to keep our hopes low, I think. A lot of the doc is wishful thinking I guess, we can only try our best to live up to it. Thanks for the feedback, by all means, keep it coming!
[PT] TANIA
guest.

Post by [PT] TANIA »

That was what i meant ;)

Keep up!