Salute!

...walrus thug-for-hire? Knock yourself out...
fogmann
developer.

Salute!

Post by fogmann »

Hello everyone!

I just got on board with this team, to do modeling and texturing of whatever you guys need, and since I hope to stay here for a while, let me introduce myself...

I live in Richmond, VA, United States. I got BFA in communication arts and design, major in kinetic imaging, or in other words, video and animation. Right now I'm working on an independent animation project with a colleague of mine, and I also hope to work on game content creation to improve my skills and at the same time contribute to a project that has great potential of becoming a real kick-butt game one day.

I have worked as character modeler / skinner on a HL2 TC mod until now, but the team simply fell apart, because of the lack of planning and direction.

If you are interested to see what I've been doing in the past, or see the progress of my current projects, please visit my site and feel free to leave comments too!

Cheers! :D
LDAsh
moderator.

Post by LDAsh »

Everything I've seen of yours so far is excellent and you have such great talent and attitude, so it's a real honour to welcome you into the team. I just hope you won't find the same lack of planning and direction here, I've tried to create a solid direction while leaving it open enough for people to make changes and have input, and also taking into account what technical limitations we may encounter. As you have probably already seen, we aren't much of a team yet and this forum is relatively dead, that's my fault for not shamelessly promoting our projects all over the universe and trying to publicly recruit, but I have started doing that on ModDB and in a little while will post more help-wanted "ads". So, things are still moving pretty slowly but if you're keen to jump straight in, then I can see that all about to change. :) welcome aboard.
fogmann
developer.

Post by fogmann »

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I have already noticed a huge difference between Shadowing Hate and Pandaemonium mod, in terms of direction and planning. Therefore I am pretty confident about working here without fear that it would be hard or impossible to put the stuff together in game - since you showed you know what you're doing and how things work - and I'm not worried.

And yeah, I'm ready to jump straight in, the replacement motherboard arrived yesterday and now I can feel the power of Opteron again :)