Industrial Environments and Apparatus made in Radiant

...walrus thug-for-hire? Knock yourself out...
EmoLevelDesigner
developer.

Industrial Environments and Apparatus made in Radiant

Post by EmoLevelDesigner »

I work at a studio which makes training simulations for plants, factories etc. Thankfully, I'm allowed to post screenshots of what I'm doing, so I would like to share them with you.

Why is this relevant here? Because all static meshes you see on these screenshots, besides the building on the first screenshot which was not made by me, and trees on the fourth screenshot which are included with the engine, were created in Radiant and then exported to NeoAxis. And that is the same workflow that the team is going to use in its projects! So it's a nice demonstration of what can be achieved.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

By the way, if you want to find out more about my level design work, you can visit my portfolio here:
http://www.violationentertainment.com/misc/emo/

There you will find more information about my projects, including very enjoyable high-quality maps for the following games: Half-Life, Prey, Doom 3, Saw: the Video Game. So if you have any of these games, why not play some exciting levels to become more inspired?
Incinerator
visitor.

Re: Industrial Environments and Apparatus made in Radiant

Post by Incinerator »

These look absolutely pretty. Well done using editors other then Max3d. Very beautiful design and realistic looking.
LDAsh
moderator.

Re: Industrial Environments and Apparatus made in Radiant

Post by LDAsh »

We're missing some latest shots? :D

Sorry I didn't reply to this. It's hard to know what to say because I understand it's a professional simulation and made under strict deadlines with no breathing room for decals, fine mapobject details, lightmapping, ambient-occlusion and other carefully-constructed brushwork like broken walls, etc. The list goes on. So all I can say is - for what it is, it's very well done and we can only imagine what extra given time to beautify it (but also optimise it) as gameart-eyecandy, as opposed to a literal simulation, could allow it be. A definite display of talent, anyway.

Great work! :)
════════════════════════
══════════════════
════════════
══════