fire!

...walrus thug-for-hire? Knock yourself out...
DeeP
developer.

fire!

Post by DeeP »

farcry 2 has fire that travels from the grass to a tree to a fence, to another tree, to more grass, to a dock, to a boat! pretty cool

- just got the game... checkin it out!

:P
You're the nicest func_mover I've ever met.
Jurassiced
visitor.

Post by Jurassiced »

omg flame thrower is da shit on that game >.< the growing fire is awsome
DeeP
developer.

Post by DeeP »

lovin it! killing my system tho, It's a a Far Cry to run it smoothly - shame shame :cry:
:arrow: DeeP
LDAsh
moderator.

Post by LDAsh »

Heheh. I didn't grab the game yet, though I really loved the first one and thought it was really groundbreaking technically. No time to play games much these days anyway.

This idea toward SH, though, I can't really imagine how it would be done without extensive coding. Just incase this is why the subject was brought up. It would be done with a particle system, but this system would have to know where to place the particles, as if on a "hitmap", which I guess is how it would be done, roughly. You can map texels to respond in different ways when shot at (sparks for metal, dust for cement/dirt, etc.) so instead of just being shot at, these same hitmaps could possibly be used to distribute fire particles only on specific sections of ground. Anyway, when we get a coder to look at the project again, we'll chuck this idea on the list of features to consider. ;)
════════════════════════
══════════════════
════════════
══════
DeeP
developer.

Post by DeeP »

so realistically.... it's possible to have a seemingly random sequence of partical activity started from a simple shot on a wall face, or invisible trigger!I love q4
We should brainstorm a way to make a "random" script for things... with 3 series of commands to be called on by the last event in each series calling on the following series of commands to begin.
like maybe one script can call on 2 others which toggle a sequence - and call back to the main script to run the second series of commands , and the last event in that sequence calls on the 3rd series of commands listed in the script . So one complex event script runs the show. :?:
:arrow: just thinking out loud again - DeeP
LDAsh
moderator.

Post by LDAsh »

I guess so. These are questions for coders.
════════════════════════
══════════════════
════════════
══════