Spam Central!!

...walrus thug-for-hire? Knock yourself out...
LDAsh
moderator.

Spam Central!!

Post by LDAsh »

This particular forum is attracting a lot of spam lately, I'm personally very sorry about this and wish for a long-term fix more than anyone. The reason this is happening is because otherwise it would make it almost impossible to activate all new legit members, so I need to leave it at automatic activation to let in possible new members, but unfortunately this also lets in the spambots, so I think it's easier to let the memberlist go to hell and just delete any spam threads on a daily basis.
If you see a topic posted by a new member, especially one with a strange name that has _nothing_ to do with game development, be aware, so far only 1 post has been this sickening but I was shocked to see pr0n movie downloads in a thread, complete with pics of the sickening acts. Just ignore them, please don't post in those topics if you do open them because I will get around to deleting them anyway, adding more posts just means I need to delete more posts. If you see a topic title that states "movies/videos" then please don't open it, it can't be good. Any videos from Violation Entertainment will be posted in other forums or on the main website, not here. Should you happen upon any filth here, I am very sorry, it's something we'll try to get around to fixing ASAP.
LDAsh
moderator.

Post by LDAsh »

I've gotten around to reading up on PHPBB and MODs and such, I have finally installed some decent security measures in the registration fields, both CAPTCHA and a code-fooling custom question field that I can change around. I guess the way bots might hack through that is by actually finding the bit of PHP that contains the custom answers I put in. We will see anyway, hopefully this means the end of most of the spam that is coming in here. If not, I know how to install new mods now so hopefully something will help. I do eventually plan to upgrade everything to PHPBB3 sometime, but I need to make sure everything can be ported up to the new version first.