Forum is... _FINALLY_ back... again!

...discuss the website, forum and other web-related stuff...
LDAsh
moderator.

Forum is... _FINALLY_ back... again!

Post by LDAsh »

Dusty old ghost town... This forum has been down for almost a year, but everything seems to be working again now and back to mid 2009. A lot had happened since then and a lot of the newer posts have been lost, right up early 2010, things were finally starting to move ahead with the major 3D projects. In February, the old webhost account was deactivated and all files were deleted. I consider myself extremely lucky to have had that old backup to restore, at least, and once I figured out a few technical PHP and SQL tweaks with the help of some great people at the PHPBB forums, I feel relieved that getting back to this point wasn't 100x more difficult.

Right up to that point, we were discussing new game engines for the major projects and completely redoing the website and this here forum. The NintendoDS RTS project is still the primary focus but those discussions take place in a separate forum, so the lack of this Violation Entertainment forum had absolutely no detriment to the progress of that. I am more concerned about the main website. It's still pure HTML, still a hack-job and still buggy and awkward, not to mention needing some fresh graphics too. I don't know when I'll get around to being able to acquire help with that but sooner or later I'll do whatever I can by myself to bring everything up to a better standard, eventually.
════════════════════════
══════════════════
════════════
══════