Looks like you guys need a webmaster

...want to contribute to or join the team?...
Alex
developer.

Post by Alex »

Well, I just so happen to be one. As it's late(3:28 AM), here's a quick copy and paste off of my resume:

2 years of web design experience
My proficiency with xHTML and CSS are advanced and I am able to utilize PHP and SQL effectively, this also enables me to implement complex but organized backends for websites. I have also obtained an understanding of JavaScript.

These are just some of the tasks that I have done recenty:
  • Data entry, Data Processing, Technical Writing, Research.
    Banner design, PSD layout design, Image editing.
    xHTML strict layout design with CSS2 and CSS3 styling.
    Database management, Database Optimization, identify security risks.
Now, by the looks of it this site is somewhat suffering the dead effect. To combat this I could seo(Search Engine Optimization) the site to increase search engine traffic(It will also make it more user friendly), which will be much easier seeing as this site has a page rank 2. I could also use social media to get targeted traffic to this site as well.
Last edited by Alex on (090916)(12:09.04), edited 2 times in total.
[url=http://xk2.info]xk2 - Coming to a world near you[/url]
LDAsh
moderator.

Post by LDAsh »

Definitely. Welcome. An overhaul was designed 2+ years ago but the numerous webdesigners that came and went never seemed up to the challenge ultimately. Pretty much everything needs tweaking or redoing, and many features were never realised, because I only know scraps of basic HTML.
════════════════════════
══════════════════
════════════
══════
Alex
developer.

Post by Alex »

Thank you LDAsh, now onto business(Always wanted to say that :P). I'm guessing this is the overhaul? Well if it is, read on:
LDAsh wrote: Working main menu with drop-down subcategories for easy navigation.
I can use either use javascript or css(prefered)to accomplish this, but from a users stand point it would be better to use css as it decrease total load time.
LDAsh wrote: scrolling context-sensitive information for each page next to the menu.
If I?ve understood you correctly, it sounds like you what marquee but? I wouldn?t do it, why? Simple, When sites use marquee, it pretty wreaks their professional image because marquee is an annoying ?feature? and it is considered only used by people that have a very very basic and limited understanding of the web(If your website looks poorly coded, people might think that your games will be poorly coded and buggy(It?s rare that things like this happen, but it?s not impossible))? that and the fact that marquee isn?t apart of the XHTML specifications. I would however look into other means of doing the same effect by using something seen as less annoying and more customizable, flash.
LDAsh wrote: Will use custom mouse cursor, scrollbar colour and also possibly font.
Again, like I said before custom mouse cursors aren?t the most professional thing in the world, but if it?s really a must I will add them. Now about the font, there is no one way to have a fully compatible way of using custom fonts, but I guess the fallback font will just have to be much the same as the custom.

Wait... now that I think about it.. this pretty much looks and sounds like the current design... opps :? (Disregard most of it but take it as another way of showing I understand what I do). I've also added you on msn LDAsh(I'm the guy with all the numbers in his email).
[url=http://xk2.info]xk2 - Coming to a world near you[/url]
LDAsh
moderator.

Post by LDAsh »

I'm guessing this is the overhaul?
It is, although very outdated plans, most of the fundamental changes are still needed. The site basically needs to be easier to navigate, more compatible with different browsers and just more professional in general. Many of the graphics, although will be redone/retouched, won't really change in their design, and the website itself wouldn't initially look too different.
If your website looks poorly coded, people might think that your games will be poorly coded and buggy
It's true, but the truth is that we don't really have a coder at the moment anyway. There are 2 coders for 2 projects, both are inactive as developers at the moment, possibly forever, and neither are interested in undertaking webdesign duties. So, it's all been up to me, and I've "coded" the entire website from scratch with basically nothing but Wordpad.

I'm happy, for the most part, you understand what's going on. :)
════════════════════════
══════════════════
════════════
══════