Level Designer?

...want to contribute to or join the team?...
desmasic
guest.

Level Designer?

Post by desmasic »

As a big fan of DeusEx (first one) game and Quake series, it is pretty obvious why I am interested in your mod. Shots look amazing and I have done some amount of DeusEx mapping on UnrealEd way back then (but left it since the community was dying).

I am interested in joining the team as a level designer. Please visit my doom3 mods site for screenshots of my current work. (WEBSITE)

Let me know if you guys are interested.
LDAsh
moderator.

Post by LDAsh »

Great! I've seen your map shots on your site and they look very nice indeed, I'd be very happy to welcome you into the team. Thanks for your offer. You now have full access to the forum, you can download the PK4s to begin working with, if you want. I can't wait to see what you come up with. Welcome aboard! If you give me your full name, I'll add you to the list of team members on the website.
desmasic
guest.

Post by desmasic »

I am downloading the pak files, I'll start working on it soon enough. Also, can you tell me what kind of level and chapter I am working on?

I would like to know more about story for this chapter and how it plays, same for the previous level. WHat kind of areas must I build?
Last edited by desmasic on (240327)(08:03.48), edited 1 time in total.
LDAsh
moderator.

Post by LDAsh »

Thanks, sure, you can hit the "design" threads in the SH section of the forum below, you should have access now, you can also check out the dev folder and there's some docs there (I have posted the address in a different private thread), a little outdated though. If you think Deus Ex, you should already have the right idea about mapping. I suggest to start with a small multiplayer-aimed map and we'll focus on singleplayer stuff a little later.