Music Composer

...want to contribute to or join the team?...
DiViNiTY
developer.

Music Composer

Post by DiViNiTY »

Name: Thomas Wieser
Applying for: Music Composer
Band Name: DiViNiTY

Previous Work:
I already made the ingame Soundtrack for Planet Trepidation. It's a Quake 3 Engine FPS shooter.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/trepidation/

I compose Electronic, D&B, Industrial, Ambiente and Experimental music.

some Songs as Stream:
http://divinity002.angelfire.com/
Beyond Virtual
Distraction
Industrial Rhythm
Mystery
Outer Space
Weapons

I have 7 new Songs ready. I permanently compose music, so in a few months there will be a lot more songs.
DiViNiTY music 7 new songs download:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DIB3XOB4 ~25,2MB (all in MP3 Format)
All Done
Kinetic Energy
Machinery
Martially
Rush
Singularity
Zombie Panic
LDAsh
moderator.

Post by LDAsh »

Thanks for your post!

2 PC game projects here need soundtracks, 'Shadowing Hate' (FPS) and 'Chaos Circuits' (racing).

Shadowing Hate will require a mix of plenty of styles, mostly industrial "tech" (not "techno", especially not techno beats, but plenty of techno characteristics), and plenty of ambience too. Tracks for a level would be a few minutes worth of music, but swap between a few different versions, depending on what's happening in the game. Deus Ex and Perfect Dark 64 are good examples of dynamic music like this, a track for normal play, a track for action play, and a track for conversations and other little cinematics. "Conversations" should be slower and softer, and "action" should be tense and upbeat, while the "normal play" track would be a happy-medium, but all tracks for a level should be similar.

Chaos Circuits uses more conventional music, a bit more metal over what would be found in Shadowing Hate but still along the same style, this game would have tracks a little longer (maybe up to 5 minutes per track) and most will require some proper guitar work, fast and angry too, to keep up with the pace of the game itself, no room for any slow instrumental ballads or anything. I think a great example is perhaps the Quake II soundtrack, that's some awesome music that would work well for a racing game too, so it features in the temporary stand-in soundtrack, which you can have a listen to for ideas.

So based on what I've heard, I would suggest something for SH, I can provide some examples and discuss more with you, if you have interest in this. Sorry to say I can't pay for any audio work at the moment, not enough funds for that, since music isn't the most vital component for now, but if you'd like to begin with one "set" (normal, conversation, action "versions") for a SH level, and these tracks could be used for videos and other promotional stuff, in the meantime, and later maybe more tracks can be part of a proper contract. We'll need to discuss that.

For now, you have access to the rest of the forum, to learn more about the projects in detail. Hope to hear back from you on what you think and we can have a proper discussion about music for these projects.

Welcome! :)
════════════════════════
══════════════════
════════════
══════