3D Designer

...want to contribute to or join the team?...
velas
visitor.

3D Designer

Post by velas »

Sure like the look of your pics on "Shadowing Hate".. and i would be greateful if you have any space for me on the team. I am good at both creating new textures and 3D Model Design but it would be great to be a mapper as well so i'm applying as...
MAP MAKER/MODELLER/TEXTURE ARTIST :)

My work is here;
http://velas.wetpaint.com/

Sincerely,
Velas.
LDAsh
moderator.

Post by LDAsh »

Welcome! First of all I'd like to give a brief history of what's happened around here. There pretty much is no team anymore. People have become too busy, either with family or study or work, one of the previous members has gone on to a much earned professional career working for EA, completely due to her awesome skills and nothing to do with these projects. I haven't bothered trying to build up a new team since then, but please don't let all that discourage you, there are reasons for all this and I think it's better long-term to not whore-out the projects so much, but carefully pick times to mass recruit.
The forum here has been out of action for a whole year, and I took a pretty long vacation late last year too. So at the moment, it's all kind of waking up from a long sleep and I'm personally busy putting together some new stuff (characters and weapons) for more media and a playable multiplayer release, and to build up the team again.
Also I want to give a short description of how things work here. I don't like the idea of trying to fit new members to certain tasks, I think it's far better to let individuals work on what they want to work on, in any way they want or can, to enjoy the work and not be forced into some specific role they will quickly start hating, especially for those who are multitalented. Later on, the team can get all proper like that if need be, but for now I want to keep things real casual, on purpose. I think those who have worked with me before will agree that I'm not a "leader" who sits back and barks commands at people, but someone who works with people in all areas. That may be cause for some imbalance and scattered workflow, but that adds an element of fun too, I believe.

I haven't been able to see much of your work so far, because I'm on dialup and the site doesn't like my connection, I can't download the attachments you have there. I'm sure you'd be a great new addition to the team though, so next we should have some real-time discussion about things and I will get you access to the team forums and documentation. I'm happy you like the look of things and I hope you'll be happy to get more involved. Basically at this point, it would just be you and I, and a few (very)part-time casuals still floating around too.