The Cast And Crew!?

...public information about team plans and projects...
LordEzzat
developer.

The Cast And Crew!?

Post by LordEzzat »

Hello all here goes !!

My name is LordEzzat , went to school for 2d classical Animation and 3d Computer Modeling for video games etc .

HIstory in the Video Game Profession: None ( I know sucks eh )

History In Life :Married, Had Kid, Wife Left , Backrupt, Got new COmputer , Going through Divorce, trying to get life back n track and enjoying my daughter .

In School we studied using Maya 3 then 4 and ended with 4.5 just cause they upgraded so quickly...Now Im rustier then spit so all C&C is welcome on anything I do. And if I can help in anyway I will try my best to do so,below are my computer spec and schooling (not showing off just giving you an idea of what I can do when I have the time),as for texturing Im ok And will try to know off some cool models with textures,As for animation I didnt do any of that in school but i can always try my hand at it.(Sketches and model pictures soon to come,in the other forums.

So if oyu are in the team and if its ok with LDAsh write a little bio so we know who you are and plant some specs...

Schooling:

? 2000 ? 2001 Applied Multimedia Training Centre

o 2D Classical Animation

Designed characters for my final animation reel including turnarounds, backgrounds, history, squish and squash techniques, perspective views, drawn/filmed/edited and mixed by our own hands.
Life drawing nudes and animals to incorporate a better feel and overall look to animation, characters, and objects, also for proportional sizing. Tonels for light, dark and emotion.
Created storyboards and layouts for animation films.

o 3D Computer Modeling and Effects

Designed characters and objects to create in a 3D environment and setting. Specializing in Low-Polygonal video game models including conceptual designs, turnarounds, and possible colors and texturing ideas.
Textured models using different techniques either with Adobe Photoshop, hand designs and or photos.
Incorporated special effects using lighting, hardware rendering and software rendering.
Utilized 3D painting for possible backgrounds, and areas for possible gaming environments.

o Adobe

Finalized projects using Adobe Photoshop / Premier and After Effects. Using them for textures, editing, mixing, and final production for the demo reel.
Using Photoshop helped in creating textures, bitmaps for the models. Not only by creating them bur overlaying colors, skins and alphas for final processing.
Premier and After Effects made it possible to mix both animation, music, credits and backgrounds for the final reel and quality of it, as well as add effects if needed.

o Alias Wavefront / Maya

Maya by Alias Wavefront was the comprehensive 3D computer program used in the training of 3D Models and Special Effects.
I created 5 3D generated models for possible use in video games. First creating conceptual designs for all along with turnarounds, possible textures coloring and any added extras I felt they could use. Utilizing Maya I was able to first make them in a low polygonal figure then add textures and bitmaps to enhance their look and give them color and life, and depth to textures making some of them look 3 dimensional even though they were added to a flat surface. If time was made, I tried to rig them with a skeleton for possible animation by another student who specialized in that matter. I then added lights and background, and created a small turnaround demo reel of my models showing their form and textures and what they may look like in a video game atmosphere.

Currently Used 3D Software: MAYA 7
ADOBE Photoshop

Computer Specs:

------------------
System Information
------------------

Machine name: Merlin
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Dimension XPS Gen 3
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A07
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.60GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 4 Gigs RAM
Page File: 252MB used, 2667MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Harddrive 1 : 160gigs (Cant Remember)
Harddrive2 : 120gigs (SeaGate)
Hardrive 3 : 160gigs ( cant remember)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 6800
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 6800
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Display Memory: 256.0 MB
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (75Hz)
Monitor: Dell 1905FP (Digital)
Monitor Max Res: 1280,1024

-------------
Sound Devices
-------------

Description: SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio [D8C0]
Last edited by LordEzzat on (060407)(10:04.41), edited 1 time in total.
LDAsh
moderator.

Post by LDAsh »

Cool stuff Ezzat, a very interesting read. I wrote something similar in my Garage Games profile - http://www.garagegames.com/my/home/view ... p?qid=5676 (you need to sign up to Garage Games, if you already haven't) - I can tell you I haven't had any formal training like you have, though. Do you still have that demo reel you mentioned? That would be great to see.
LordEzzat
developer.

Post by LordEzzat »

I do but not on disk Ill have ot make a new demo reel with my old models ..again Im no tthe best ..as i basically tougt myself everything i know cause my teacher was really no help at all..Ill see if i can post a demo somewhere with what i have..
LDAsh
moderator.

Post by LDAsh »

Thanks for posting about yourself. I hope everyone does the same, talk about yourself and your interests and what role you're playing in the development of these projects. Pretty soon it would be great if we can organise a regular time to have mass real-time chats using IRC or something. I'll be AFK-busy in about a month from now, for about a month, but I plan to get a bunch of stuff finished and uploaded, both shots and actual content for you guys, before that happens. After that time, I'll be back and into it again.
Incinerator
visitor.

Welcome Aboard

Post by Incinerator »

Welcome Aboard..