A level for Shadowing Hate

...cybernetic and robotic dystopian first-person shooter...
EmoLevelDesigner
developer.

A level for Shadowing Hate

Post by EmoLevelDesigner »

Hi. I started working on a map, and I would like to show you some screenshots of it.

Constructive feedback is welcome and will be greatly appreciated.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
Last edited by EmoLevelDesigner on (150721)(22:07.40), edited 2 times in total.
Incinerator
visitor.

Re: A level for Shadowing Hate

Post by Incinerator »

These look really nice. Reminds me of several old school Quake3 maps I really liked. nice design and smooth flow through and through.
EmoLevelDesigner
developer.

Thank you. This location indeed has old school feel in it, because the tools and workflow used to make it are pretty much the same as the Quake 3's level editor.
EmoLevelDesigner
developer.

More progress to show:

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Lighting is now done using StaticLightingManager. It allows to display many beautiful soft shadows at 60 fps with HDR enabled, which is something completely impossible with dynamic shadows. Even with shadows disabled, this amount of lights would cause severe decrease of performance if they're dynamic.
LDAsh
moderator.

Post by LDAsh »

Very exciting to see these shots posted around. As I look at them against the other work that had been done for the project in the past, clearly they are more modern but stylistically they fit together perfectly, so I'm under the impression that you really get where we're going and we're on the right path! Awesome work, my friend. :)
════════════════════════
══════════════════
════════════
══════
Dark Knight ez
developer.

Post by Dark Knight ez »

That's one heck of a computer setup in the penultimate screenshot. As a programmer, I'll take it!
A bit more seriously, it's a neat idea to have those computers attached to pillars of some sort. Are the pillars meant to be a part of the building, with simply computers attached to them, or are they specifically created for the computers? If the latter, might be cool to show lots of wiring going in and out of the pillars (although perhaps not so straightforward to do).